There are a lot of things that can make a massive difference to your wedding day. Some things can make or break it. The band for example, if your band (or DJ) suck, then your reception will fall flat, people will be bored and the whole excitement of the day can be sucked away.
Personally, I believe there's another factor that is probably put in place way back before almost anything has been booked and that is...THE BRIDESMAIDS!! You guys can make my life easy or you can be a nightmare (yes, i said it). I love it when I go to the morning bridal prep and everyone is happy, smiling, welcoming and of course....prepared. It makes things start off great and things get even better from there.
I'm fortunate enough to say that I have always been very lucky with all my couples and their bridal party but, every now and then you run into some that make the wedding day a little more stressful than it needs to be.
Brides feed off their bridesmaids, a stressed out bridesmaid is an even more stressed out bride so keep it cool and follow this handy checklist to make sure you give your friend/sister/cousin the best start to the biggest day of her life.
- Don't leave things to the last minute. Make sure you have everything you need all prepped and ready so that you don't have to spend time (or stress yourself) trying to find things.
- Make sure you schedule more than enough time for hair and make up. The bride usually goes last so make sure there's plenty of time for her to look her best.
- By the time the bride's hair and make up is finished, you should be in your dress and ready to help her into hers. If your all ready and looking great it means you can help make things easier for the bride and of course it looks great in pictures when everyone is looking good.
- Sometimes brides have a lot of bridesmaids and that's great, but, when it comes to helping her into her dress it's best if only 1 or 2 are actually involved. Give the bride space so that she doesn't feel overwhelmed and it also allows the photographer to get the best shots. Please be there though, in the background and available to go grab anything required.
- Finally, remember who this day is for. This is a massive day for 2 people your very close to. It's super important to make sure the brides needs come before yours. If you follow these tips above, you'll be ready in plenty of time, looking fantastic and available to make your friend/sister/cousins day the best it can possibly be which can only lead to a fantastic day for everyone else involved.